Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Staying Young

When I was around my 20’s, my dad would always try to fit in our generation and I always hated it. I would tell him, “Dad, it doesn’t fit you!” or “Dad, come on! Act your age!” Don’t you just hate it when he says, “yeah baby!” or “What’s up dawg?” Yes, my dad used those phrases. But in some way, my friends say my dad is cool because he knows how to use the computer very well in comparison to other people who are just about his age.

He would know how to use ROFLMAO not just plain “haha” or “LOL”. He would know how to search and download torrents. He has social networking accounts like myspace, facebook, multiply and friendster! I only have a multiply account, for your info.

Now that I am older, I realize his effort of stooping down to our generation to try and stay young. There are other ways to stay young other than trying to think young.

The advancement of science in our generation gives us several chances to feel young, look young and be young. One way is the unnatural way. Plastic surgery and other medical procedures are now normal but is not a good and natural way to look young. Besides, these procedures cost a lot that you might get old faster because of the amount o money you will spend.

What you must do is always exercise your brain. A stagnant brain will rust easily. Don’t just stare at the television and try creating a profession out of being a potato couch. Without using your brain, your memory will worsen.

While exercising your brain, also exercise physically, constantly. Make no excuses! To try help you with all those activities, try taking vitamins to ensure you get what you need to have the strength to exercise and memory to think analytically. Taking vitamins is a support only and should not be relied on to have a healthy lifestyle. It’s a very good start though.

No comments: